'If you're kicked from behind, you're in front.'
This page is structured around the Medical course that I'm following at Manchester Univeristy. It's a PBL based course (Problem Based Learning for those who don't know!). I've decided to put some of the handouts that we've generated from our own studies on this website. As they are now, the handouts may have references to the cases that we've been studying - but most of the info should be relevant to somebody! Oh yeah, I can't guarantee that all the information will be up-to-date and accurate, so use them at your own risk!
There's always a page of links that you can visit while
I'm finishing this off!.
Nutrition and Metabolism
Odd Neuro Stuff
The Life Cycle
Here are the handouts that I've managed to put up so far. They're in Rich Text Format (RTF) so you can load them up into a word processor that can read them (like Word for Windows 6.0) but remember they have the file extension .RTF.
If you really really want the files in Word for Windows 6.0 format., try clicking here!
You can, however, see these from the web browser by clicking here!
- MICROBIOLOGY : Gram Positive and Negative Bacteria: Are you confused? Can you tell your Gram positives from your negatives? Well, now you can think more clearly and kiss those bacteria blues good-bye. Click here.
- CASE 1 : Drugs used to stimulate the ovaries (stimov.rtf): In the case, Nusrat had polycystic ovarian syndrome and the doctors tried to stimulate her ovaries.
- CASE 2 : Puberty and Self-concept (ghstress.rtf): This sheet is concerned with the timing of puberty and the effect this can have on the self-concept of a child. Plus there's some thoughts on the effect of vitamin D on puberty. Finally, there's a review of 'hyperphagic short stature'. NOTE: The Manchester Valentines Self Help Group (as mentioned on the handout) does not exist (to my knowledge!)
- CASE 3 : If the immune system was an army, Immunology would be Star Wars (war.rtf)
- CASE 3 : Zidovudine and other anti-AIDS drugs (azt.rtf)
- CASE 4 : Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Psychosocial (socwk4.rtf)
- CASE 5 : Postnatal depression and the Apgar Scale (apgar.rtf)
- CASE 6 : Vote Angie O'Plasty 1 (angiopl.rtf): This is actually more for fun than information!
- CASE 6 : Wound Healing (seencas3.rtf): An old file relating to the Seen Case Exam of Semester 1 1996/1997.
- CASE 7 : Stigma (stigma.rtf): A threat to society, or just a silly six-lettered word?
- CASE 8 : Osteoposis, the Elderly and Fractures (osteop.rtf)
- CASE 9 : Metastasis and Carcinogens
Links relevant to this semester:
- The Visible Embryo Home Page
- Manchester Medical Information for Semester 4
- Development of Face, Lips and Palate: Take a look at this! It's very good!
[Return to Alkam's Laboratory] | [Go to links page]
© 1998 email@example.com